Monday, June 25, 2012

Mission Moment at Trinity

Yesterday I gave the "Mission Moment" at my home church, Trinity Lutheran.  This meant I spoke at all three services for about two minutes, giving a brief description of YAGM, the (few) details I know about my service in Mexico, and the ways people in the congregation can support me and share in my year ahead.  Between services, I had a table set up in the narthex with a poster and information on my service in Mexico. 

I was shocked by the phenomenal response!  Over 30 people signed up to receive my email newsletter, and I raised over $800!  While some of the people who came to talk to me were old friends, many of the people interested in my service were people I had never spoken to before.  I felt so embraced by this community of faith, and I am excited to be able to share my stories from Mexico with more and more individuals.  Thank you for all of your support!

Fundraising update: Thanks in large part to members of Trinity, and the work my family put in at the Junktique on my behalf, I have raised almost $3000.  This means I still need a little over a $1000, but this seems much more feasible now!

No comments:

Post a Comment